Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Hunting with Outfitters and Ranches

Page 2 / 2

CanadianBlackBears
(@canadianblackbears)
Estimable Member

This is great information. Another tip is to ensure you ask your guests what are their likes as we are there to ensure they have a great trip. As outfitters it is our job to ensure our guests have the trip of a lifetime with great video coverage to remind them of what a memorable trip it was.

brywright6296
(@brywright6296)
Eminent Member

I love hunting with guides but you gotta be careful about those hiding trophy fees and stuff that got several ways to get you for extra money.

P'duck
(@pduck)
Reputable Member

Ask about penalties also, I hunt with numerous outfitters each year and some will fine you for shooting a deer under 130" or 140" score. Ask if outfitter will be hunting, they know where the best animals are and some put you on game but not the biggest. Ask about cleaning, transportation, if lodging is included what type and ask for pictures (i was told a cabin last september in Minnesota on a bear hunt to be given a tent) outfitter covered the hotel as it was misrepresented), are baits feeders checked to ensure they work? I haunted in Arcadia and out of four sits only one feeder went off and none were being hit as they only set them for the weekend they bring hunters in once a month, ask what other hunting goes on the property as we were told only one weekend a month favor hog hunting and nothing else but quail guide brought his clients in before we left and they hunt all but 3 days a month.

kilboars
(@kilboars)
Trusted Member

Ask about penalties also, I hunt with numerous outfitters each year and some will fine you for shooting a deer under 130" or 140" score. Ask if outfitter will be hunting, they know where the best animals are and some put you on game but not the biggest. Ask about cleaning, transportation, if lodging is included what type and ask for pictures (i was told a cabin last september in Minnesota on a bear hunt to be given a tent) outfitter covered the hotel as it was misrepresented), are baits feeders checked to ensure they work? I haunted in Arcadia and out of four sits only one feeder went off and none were being hit as they only set them for the weekend they bring hunters in once a month, ask what other hunting goes on the property as we were told only one weekend a month favor hog hunting and nothing else but quail guide brought his clients in before we left and they hunt all but 3 days a month.

I hunted there as well and all though my feeders went off I've been to other places and they did not. Good question to ask "what if" they don't spin corn?
Sucks spending the time and money sitting on a dead feeder.

Thanks Dan. Lots of great info. What's your web site or info?

Page 2 / 2
Share:

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

No comments to show.